League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Power Rankings

By Warthog
10/17/2017 11:18 am
Bit of a shake-up in the power rankings this week. What a joke.

Re: Power Rankings

By dsanson
10/17/2017 12:15 pm
LOL!
Miami wins 45-3. Is the only undefeated team. Yet they drop 10 spots. ***?

However, They did get it right with Detroit at the top!

By CoachDumphool123
10/17/2017 3:06 pm
The power rankings are absolutely correct and truthful.

Just like the 9-11 and Warren commissions.

And the Gulf of Tonkin incident cover story.

And the official Las Vegas story.

And project Blue Book.

Etc.

By CoachDumphool123
10/19/2017 3:14 pm
i forgot about the moon landings.

And the moon landings.

By King of Bling
10/27/2017 1:37 am
The season from **** *facepalm#

By Pernbronze
11/07/2017 4:44 pm
Wow 755 points by my cincy team. 2nd only has less than 600 but that is Warthogs defensive juggernaut Miami.

By Warthog
11/07/2017 7:01 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
Wow 755 points by my cincy team. 2nd only has less than 600 but that is Warthogs defensive juggernaut Miami.

Both of us have a +500 point differential, which is just ridiculous. I think our teams are the top two in points scored and fewest allowed. You are #1 in offensive yards, I am #4. I am #1 in defensive yards allowed, you are #2. Looks like two very dominant teams.

Seattle is 6th in offensive yards, 7th in defensive yards allowed. Isn't spectacular in any of the team rankings, has a negative turnover margin (I am second at +21). Yet Seattle is #1 in the power rankings. Just cracks me up!

(I am not dissing Seattle in anyway. I am dissing the formula that creates the power rankings!)
Last edited at 11/07/2017 7:07 pm

By CoachDumphool123
11/07/2017 11:31 pm
Warthog wrote:

(I am not dissing Seattle in anyway. I am dissing the formula that creates the power rankings!)

Points scored/allowed/differential has always been an accurate measure of a team's strength and should probably be 75-90% of the evaluation factor with much of rest measuring strength of schedule.

(Does anyone know what the ranking formula actually measures?)

Other factors such as yards gained or attempts to include player's ratings in a calculation are notably inaccurate. Not to diss my team, but Washington was very overrated last season (as an example). At one point the team was below .500 but ranked #3. It had a tough schedule and was doing OK considering, but i suspected that much of the team's ranking may have been due to an overestimation based on the team's player's 'paper' ratings, while no consideration was being given to the fact that the team was overloaded with chronically injured players (a factor which remains) which resulted in the team never playing up to its 'potential' strength.

Basically, the point is that the main factor that should be considered in the rankings is a team's output and results and not much else.