Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Chicago and Cleveland

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/26/2014 11:31 am
Chicago sends:
RB Brandon Saddler

Cleveland sends:
2018 Round 1 Pick 4

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Chicago and Cleveland

By Davesgang
8/26/2014 3:08 pm
Not sure if this warrants investigation, but 1.4 for a 6 year journeyman RB seems way lopsided.

By Morbid
8/26/2014 4:36 pm
Is a lot to give for a HB but there is no HB in FA or Draft this season and Cleveland was desperate for a HB. Saying that I do think Cleveland should have got a late 2nd or 3rd pick back.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/26/2014 4:55 pm
Hmm, I think I'd put Saddler in the 'stud' category - he's an 82-rated RB on my scale, I'd take him at 1.4 if I needed a RB. I don't know how he managed to keep slipping off of teams. My only concern for Cleveland is his age - but he'll get several good years out of him.

By JCSwishMan33
8/26/2014 5:35 pm
Cleveland will take the age risk.

Honestly, I was fine with the 1-for-1 swap... An instant boost in the backfield versus having to wait for a talent to possibly develop? Sometimes you have to go for the quick shot in the arm, and hope he doesn't blow something...

By Morbid
8/26/2014 6:50 pm
Yeah, I dont find it overly lopsided. You were in need and he filled it. Ya still might have been able to get a pick from him...lol.

Gotta hassle King of Bling a little, good guy. He got me into this game

By King of Bling
8/27/2014 9:04 am
Davesgang wrote:
Not sure if this warrants investigation, but 1.4 for a 6 year journeyman RB seems way lopsided.

"Investigation"? He showed an 84 rating prior to the trade so that is hardly journeyman status. Really Dave?

By Davesgang
8/27/2014 8:47 pm
Yes. He isn't a star in ratings or stats and is going into his sixth year...
It's a very lopsided trade imo. Nothing personal. Thanks for both owners taking the time to say it's a legit trade. Good luck to the both of you.

By King of Bling
8/28/2014 4:35 pm
Nothing personal taken. We both felt it was good for each team obviously and I appreciate your candor. It's all good and I hope not only that the trade works well both ways, but that we meet again in the title...I owe you ;-)

Last edited at 8/28/2014 4:35 pm