League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Week 3

By oukjweather
9/23/2014 9:33 am
GG Detroit Leo,

Your team performed at a very high level getting plenty of offense and making a few key defensive stops to secure the game. Sad day when you have a +2 turnover margin and still can not get the win. Credit the Seattle defense, they made the necessary stops when they needed to. Managed to get the game within a single possession in the 3rd quarter after a poor start in the 1st quarter. However, the wheels came off in the 4th quarter starting with an ill timed interception. From there Seattle poured it on finishing the game up at 30 - 45 Seattle.

Re: Week 3

By Detroit Leo
9/23/2014 9:36 am
oukjweather wrote:
GG Detroit Leo,

Your team performed at a very high level getting plenty of offense and making a few key defensive stops to secure the game. Sad day when you have a +2 turnover margin and still can not get the win. Credit the Seattle defense, they made the necessary stops when they needed to. Managed to get the game within a single possession in the 3rd quarter after a poor start in the 1st quarter. However, the wheels came off in the 4th quarter starting with an ill timed interception. From there Seattle poured it on finishing the game up at 30 - 45 Seattle.

Yeah. That is the 2nd game where I had too many turnovers and somehow managed to win... Nerve racking stuff! It was a hard fought game though as expected. Your squad is a tough one for sure. See you again later this season and best of luck... Until then anyway! Haha.

By Zeffy
9/23/2014 9:40 am
NOS @ ATL (CPU)

Dustin Armstrong clocks in with a perfect passer rating, tossing only 12 ***** all game for 183 yards and 2 TDs. He didn't have to do anything but be efficient, because the New Orleans running game was on point. Starting HB Reyes averaged 6.6 yards per carry on 25 touches, getting an amazing 165 yards and a TD score. The backups combined for 19 carries for 99 yards and another score. The Atlanta defense just fell down in the face of the New Orleans attack today. This would've also been a nice day to have my Kicker on a Fantasy team, as he nailed 3/3 FGs of less than 40 yards and tacked on 4 XPs. This 3-0 New Orleans team decided to make a statement, and a big one at that.

I don't know if ATL had many injuries, but my guys were just amazing this game. If they can play like this, this team just became playoff-worthy a year removed from a top pick in last year's draft.
Last edited at 9/23/2014 10:09 am

By gstelmack
9/23/2014 11:57 am
We scored 38 points in week 1, 3 points in week 2, and got 39 this week.

Unfortunately I have to face Miami's defense from that week 2 loss again later in the season.

By Davesgang
9/23/2014 1:25 pm
GG Cleveland!
So close. Tons of yardage.

By Phinsfan
9/23/2014 9:40 pm
GG King of Bling

Your Bears pull out a great win. I gotta wonder about our play call with a 1:15 left after we get lucky and get an interception when it looked like your going to score. with that 1:15 left and your team with no timeouts we elect to pass????? where is clock draining mode???? anyway we toss an interception right after intercepting I just don't get it. But your team played well and deserve the win. Your running game really put us on our heals. Good luck the rest of the season and hope to see a rematch in the playoffs.

By tosu
9/24/2014 12:48 am
Turnovers are just killing us. No offense to our opponent but we had a chance right to the end and turned it over yet again!
GG Balt as you guys just kept picking us off

By JCSwishMan33
9/24/2014 9:02 am
Davesgang wrote:
GG Cleveland!
So close. Tons of yardage.

It's gotta be a heartbreaker, right?

GG all the same. Heh.