League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Week 7

By gstelmack
10/02/2014 6:22 am
We only score 37, not 38, so of course Tampa also scores 37 and we have to kick a FG in OT to win it.

We scored with 2:12 left to go up 14, then allowed an 80 yard TD pass, gave the ball back, and a quick TD drive to let it go to OT. We stopped Tampa on their first drive, then drove for the winning FG.

Not a lot of defense in this one. Phew!

Re: Week 7

By Detroit Leo
10/02/2014 6:47 am
SF almost caught me sleeping on them this week. They played pretty good defense and their offense was fairly efficient. Running game let them chew up the clock the first few quarters. Was a good game. Seattle manages to stay undefeated at this point but injuries continue to pile up just as they are on all teams. Next up is the 2nd game against STL whose only loss was to SEA in Seattle. This time the game goes to STL in a very important mid season game.

By Zeffy
10/02/2014 7:25 am
Philly wrecked me. Backup QB threw for 6 TDs and a perfect rating on 37 attempts.

By Detroit Leo
10/02/2014 7:30 am
Zeffy wrote:
Philly wrecked me. Backup QB threw for 6 TDs and a perfect rating on 37 attempts.

Yeah... Philly has a crazy passing game. Four 90+ rated WRs tend to do that. No idea how that should be affordable. Haha
Last edited at 10/02/2014 7:58 am

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/02/2014 7:35 am
GG Davesgang, that's twice you've beaten me this week :-)

By Morbid
10/02/2014 8:33 am
gstelmack wrote:
We only score 37, not 38, so of course Tampa also scores 37 and we have to kick a FG in OT to win it.

We scored with 2:12 left to go up 14, then allowed an 80 yard TD pass, gave the ball back, and a quick TD drive to let it go to OT. We stopped Tampa on their first drive, then drove for the winning FG.

Not a lot of defense in this one. Phew!

GG NE/gstelmack

Definitely no defense..lol

By gstelmack
10/02/2014 8:37 am
Detroit Leo wrote:
Zeffy wrote:

Yeah... Philly has a crazy passing game. Four 90+ rated WRs tend to do that. No idea how that should be affordable. Haha

I definitely think there remain issues with what players are willing to resign for. It makes it too easy to hold on to everyone no matter how good, and still leave you FA room to sign additional stars.

One of those guys, for example, was an original draftee for Philly, and continues to resign for him at less than $3mil/year, while he has two FAs making 2x and 3x that amount with similar ratings. Something we need to continue to give feedback on and jdavidbaker continues to tweak, but I think the last contract for that guy was before the adjustments that went in last season - not sure how easy that is right now.

By oukjweather
10/02/2014 9:21 am
Detroit Leo wrote:
SF almost caught me sleeping on them this week. They played pretty good defense and their offense was fairly efficient. Running game let them chew up the clock the first few quarters. Was a good game. Seattle manages to stay undefeated at this point but injuries continue to pile up just as they are on all teams. Next up is the 2nd game against STL whose only loss was to SEA in Seattle. This time the game goes to STL in a very important mid season game.

Good game jtt50. Detroit gave us a good effort. We played well on offense in this game putting up 40 points, defense could have been a little better but for now I'll take it. Had 2 lost fumbles in this one which isn't acceptable. On the plus side, the defense recovered a fumble for a touchdown. The bad news from this game, we had a serious injury to one of our best players on defense. The good news is he will be back in time for the playoffs. The bad news we have our second game with Seattle up next. Not a game you want to go into at less than full strength.

Seattle presents a number of challenges particularly on the offensive side of the ball. They have highly skilled players at practically every position. They run primarily a pass heavy game plan, but they have a star RB that can get first downs when they need them so we can not overlook the run game in this one. Last game they had a phenomenal 4th quarter which we did not respond well to. STL can not allow that to happen if we want to win this time around. On defense Seattle has some great defensive ends and a good secondary. Making moving the ball through the air difficult. Running against them has also not been an easy task. The STL defense will need to get stops and the offense will need to make every possession count. It will also be crucial we win the turnover battle. It is quite likely this game will decide the divisional champion and possibly other playoff implications.

To add to the resigning discussion, I'm in the middle of resigning the core of my team and I can tell you all its not been easy. With the way things are going I won't be competing in the next couple years of free agency. So the changes that have been made are having an affect.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/02/2014 10:26 am
gstelmack wrote:
...I think the last contract for that guy was before the adjustments that went in last season - not sure how easy that is right now.

Yeah, it may take a few seasons to know if the last adjustments were enough. I'm going to keep my eyes on it but make any changes at a snail's pace. Philly will be a good one to watch.

By Davesgang
10/03/2014 3:34 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
GG Davesgang, that's twice you've beaten me this week :-)

GG jdb

Your jersey squad really did a great job of stopping rb Hill. Huge time of possession difference.