League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Actual Week 9

By gstelmack
10/07/2014 6:40 am
Glad to know we won the shootout, given that we were giving up completions with FOUR defenders surrounding the receiver:

http://mfn2.myfootballnow.com/watch/1871#331428

Re: Actual Week 9

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/07/2014 7:13 am
gstelmack wrote:
Glad to know we won the shootout, given that we were giving up completions with FOUR defenders surrounding the receiver:

http://mfn2.myfootballnow.com/watch/1871#331428

I saw a catch like that just this last Sunday :-)

(I do have an update in testing that hopefully will be ready when this league rolls into the next season that makes those plays far less likely)

By Detroit Leo
10/07/2014 10:44 am
Seattle played a decent ball game this week overall. Still room to improve. Thankfully for us Tennessee showed up and snagged a win from STL. Every week is extremely important in this two team division race!

10/07/2014 11:41 am
Our star QB Trimble went down last week with a neck injury, so after grabbing a backup QB off of waivers it was Lloyd McNeal's chance to show what he could do - and he didn't disappoint. An impressive 16/22 for 215 yards, 2 TD's and no INT's. Trimble is going to be out for a few more weeks so we'll see if McNeal keeps up with this kind of performance. Of course, KC is not exactly a powerhouse, either.

The injury bug is hitting us pretty hard this year, so even if I thought we had a chance at the division (I doubt we'll be able to catch Miami and New England) we've got to stay healthy. On the other hand, our backups seem to be coming in and playing well, so maybe it's not so bad after all.
Last edited at 10/07/2014 11:42 am

By Detroit Leo
10/07/2014 11:57 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
Our star QB Trimble went down last week with a neck injury, so after grabbing a backup QB off of waivers it was Lloyd McNeal's chance to show what he could do - and he didn't disappoint. An impressive 16/22 for 215 yards, 2 TD's and no INT's. Trimble is going to be out for a few more weeks so we'll see if McNeal keeps up with this kind of performance. Of course, KC is not exactly a powerhouse, either.

The injury bug is hitting us pretty hard this year, so even if I thought we had a chance at the division (I doubt we'll be able to catch Miami and New England) we've got to stay healthy. On the other hand, our backups seem to be coming in and playing well, so maybe it's not so bad after all.

Injury bug is hitting everybody I think. I have 8 players with some. Kind of injury. 7 are 1st string starters. My stud rookie DT is now out with a concussion and the only one actually listed as out. Others are questionable and probable. :/

By King of Bling
10/08/2014 12:32 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
Our star QB Trimble went down last week with a neck injury, so after grabbing a backup QB off of waivers ...

How do you get someone off Waivers?

10/08/2014 12:36 pm
King of Bling wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
Our star QB Trimble went down last week with a neck injury, so after grabbing a backup QB off of waivers ...

How do you get someone off Waivers?

Ha, that actually wasn't the accurate way to state that, since we don't have a waiver wire yet ... I should have said "off the street" which is really what happened (unless the grocery store he was bagging groceries at was "Waiver's Market" or something like that)