League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Week 3

By Phinsfan
7/09/2014 7:57 pm
Well, I can't complain about our record as we are 3-0 with key players injured. Our starting and back up (picked up in trade) RB are injured and aren't being used so they can get healthy. Still this offense is geared to pass with some run mixed in so we are still okay on offense.

It's the D that troubles me. We have all star caliber players on D but they seem to give up a lot of yardage although they are good about shutting down a teams drive and holding to FG's. We just played Washington and their low rated QB WR core threw the ball on us with ease allowing them to stay within striking distance, This was a game I expected our D to shut a team down and they really didn't do that as I would have expected.

Otherwise a good start to the season.

GG AI Washington

Re: Week 3

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
7/10/2014 1:11 pm
We come out at 2-1 for the third season in a row - hoping this season that our star RB Pierre Murray can offset some of our deficiencies. Got a lot of older guys who are getting hurt more often than I'd like, but hopefully we'll be at least a little bit competitive this year.

By Morbid
7/10/2014 1:38 pm
This is my first full season on this game. I started off 2-1 but realistically I got lucky and almost blew a huge 4th quarter lead against Carolina. I play them again this week and expect it to be a tough game. Injury bug has hit but nothing that cant be worked around. I dont have high expectations this season but still going to try my best as I learn

By oukjweather
7/10/2014 7:58 pm
Were having a good 3-0 start, which is better than how last season started off. Injuries are taking a toll but were managing them ok. Cleveland kept the last game fairly close. Some good defense played by both teams. Defense and field goals were the story of the day. A touchdown in the 3rd quarter for STL was really the difference in the game.

GG JCSwishMan33.

By gstelmack
7/11/2014 9:00 am
4-0 now after week 4. We're not outgaining anyone, but we're generating turnovers.

By JCSwishMan33
7/11/2014 6:17 pm
Well...There's really not much to say at this point. Cleveland's in an 0-4 spiral right now, hemorrhaging points to the opposition pretty badly. We thought we had our first win of the season against Houston this week, but a late interception deep in our territory kinda slammed the brakes on that.

Thankfully it's early, and we still have some time to right the ship.

2017 Season

By gstelmack
7/15/2014 6:43 am
Dallas tries really hard to knock us from the unbeatens, but 2 interceptions and 3 missed FGs pretty much handed us the victory.

By Morbid
7/15/2014 8:02 am
After a 3-1 start St. Louis brought us back to earth with a thumping. 9 int's in my 2 losses caused me to make a move for a QB and completed a trade for St. Louis backup QB Elvis Rice, cost me a good WLB and a second round pick but believe this is the QB needed to lead Tampa in the future.

By Detroit Leo
7/15/2014 10:03 am
Just started but I was up by about 30 points entering the 4th quarter against Atlanta only to watch them score with ease the entire quarter and successfully recover 2 onside kicks. I will not be sticking around for long if that sort of thing is the norm around here. One of the most ridiculous things that I have ever seen!

By Phinsfan
7/15/2014 9:50 pm
Detroit Leo wrote:
Just started but I was up by about 30 points entering the 4th quarter against Atlanta only to watch them score with ease the entire quarter and successfully recover 2 onside kicks. I will not be sticking around for long if that sort of thing is the norm around here. One of the most ridiculous things that I have ever seen!

wow!!! that is just crazy and I would have to say that is not the norm here. I've had several lead that were never lost in that fashion.

I would suggest (if you haven't looked at it already) looking at your special teams in the depth chart to see who is playing the various special teams positions. I would also open a new tab/window at the same time and highlight search and click on player search, there you can select your team only and also select special team positions and it will list your best players as gunners, ST blockers etc. Maybe you have a depth chart that has never had the special teams set up.

you can also go to the depth chart and select overrides, go to the bottom of the list and find onside kick returns and see who is in those positions. for me it is mostly WR and other good hands players.

hope this helps
Last edited at 7/15/2014 9:53 pm