League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Week 10

By Phinsfan
7/25/2014 8:13 pm
Well we suffer our 1st loss of the season and it was a tear jerker way to lose lol.
Wilbert Davis tossed 3 INT's in the 1st half but we were still able to hold of Seattle and keep it close. several key stops to only be down 16-10 with a bit over 2 min to go.

we drive down and score a TD to lead 17 -16 but I wish the game wouldn't call so many unneeded timeouts but it does so we left too much time on the clock. With 1 28 to go, i knew Seattle could probably get down in FG range unless our D could really step up, well it didn't and Seattle drove down and actually got a running TD and had a long pass and run play to get down there.

Tip my hat to Seattle, they deserve the win, my only complaint is clock management when we were on our drive and left too much time on the clock, may not have mattered in this game though.

Seattle has a great team with many great players and that running attack is bruising.
GG Detroit Leo

Re: Week 10

By Detroit Leo
7/26/2014 5:26 am
Phinsfan wrote:
Well we suffer our 1st loss of the season and it was a tear jerker way to lose lol.
Wilbert Davis tossed 3 INT's in the 1st half but we were still able to hold of Seattle and keep it close. several key stops to only be down 16-10 with a bit over 2 min to go.

we drive down and score a TD to lead 17 -16 but I wish the game wouldn't call so many unneeded timeouts but it does so we left too much time on the clock. With 1 28 to go, i knew Seattle could probably get down in FG range unless our D could really step up, well it didn't and Seattle drove down and actually got a running TD and had a long pass and run play to get down there.

Tip my hat to Seattle, they deserve the win, my only complaint is clock management when we were on our drive and left too much time on the clock, may not have mattered in this game though.

Seattle has a great team with many great players and that running attack is bruising.
GG Detroit Leo

Haha. Yeah, it was a crazy game for sure. I was pretty upset when your squad managed to drive down the field for that last minute TD and thought it was going to be a heartbreaking loss as my team really kept your passing game in check for most of the game. You have some crazy gunners on special teams too! Those guys run their butts off and get to the kick before the punt lands or force fair catches every time!

Re: Week 10

By Davesgang
7/26/2014 5:53 am
GG Rams
Close game. Fun to watch. Sacks!