League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Week 14

By Detroit Leo
8/04/2014 5:21 am
1100 total game offensive yards later and my team failed to tie things up in the division... The difference was turnovers, big plays (gave up huge chunks to STL's speedy players) along with penalties (late penalties murdered me). Still had a chance at the end which is all that I could ask for in a game like that I suppose. Was a rough loss. Hopefully I can still scrap my way to a wildcard birth.

Re: Week 14

By oukjweather
8/04/2014 9:17 am
GG Detroit Leo,

What a game. Back and forth that game went, my defense came through in the last few minutes to finally get the win. Multiple lead changes, no team could get the game locked up. Turnovers were definitely a part of the story. With most of them setting up the lead changes. Feel fortunate to win even though I had a lot fewer plays offensively and lost the time of possession battle, 80 plays for Seattle vs 47 for St. Louis. This win was big to put some distance between us and the rest of the field in the divisional race, but its still not over. The games against Seattle have always been really close so feel fortunate to get this win. Have to win at least 1 more game to get the divisional title locked and that won’t be easy with a good Arizona team up next that just beat us only a few games ago.
Last edited at 8/04/2014 9:17 am

By King of Bling
8/04/2014 11:25 am
Philly was too good for us. Their brutal passing attack along with having our best player injured and not suited up was more than we could overcome.
Now it is a scramble for best record and avoiding St. Louis in the playoffs.

By Detroit Leo
8/04/2014 11:55 am
King of Bling wrote:
Philly was too good for us. Their brutal passing attack along with having our best player injured and not suited up was more than we could overcome.

Could be some nasty match ups at the wild card. Pretty sure nobody will be overly enthusiastic if they draw my team to play against as long as I make it. My team is pretty well rounded for the most part.

By King of Bling
8/04/2014 12:16 pm
Detroit Leo wrote:
King of Bling wrote:

Could be some nasty match ups at the wild card. Pretty sure nobody will be overly enthusiastic if they draw my team to play against as long as I make it. My team is pretty well rounded for the most part.

Your O looks nasty Leo...just like Philly. NFC Playoffs appear to be a bloodbath

By Detroit Leo
8/04/2014 12:48 pm
I have to make it first. GB and ARI have the same record and we are all pretty much scrapping for the wildcard spots. Will be upset if I lose out on it with all the ARI drama but I have to win some more games regardless. The NFC playoffs will be pretty brutal. No telling who will come out of it to go to the Bowl game. Should be fun though once we get there!

By Morbid
8/04/2014 12:58 pm
Solid win this week and next week is big test against Seattle. Lets hope for a good showing on my side. At least I havnt been hit hard by the injury bug this season.

By gstelmack
8/04/2014 8:31 pm
Got our 13th win, but RB Coward hurt his knee and we can only hope he comes back enough to play late in the playoffs. We'll see how our offense handles his loss.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/05/2014 8:40 am
AFC wildcard is pretty interesting as well - KC is sliding, and we own the tiebreaker with them, Pittsburgh owns the tiebreaker with us, and we probably won't get the #5 seed unless we get some serious help as Tennessee owns the tiebreaker with us as well. An upset against New England would go a long way toward getting us back to the playoffs. But everyone in the AFC West and east are still in play for those wild card spots.

By Phinsfan
8/05/2014 9:52 pm
King of Bling wrote:

Tough game as always King of Bling, I really enjoy our games. GG

As discussed in this thread in other posts, the NFC is tight for home field advantage etc etc. I am not sure if we can get a home field through out with the 2 losses but it may be possible if some other teams lose. I figure we'll have to win on the road if we can even get by the first round as the wildcard games are no gimmie. Gonna be a fun interesting playoff this year for sure.