League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Divisional Round

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/13/2014 6:22 am
Wow, what an exciting divisional round! Morbid has Tampa Bay on a roll as they win in OT against the perennial favorite Chicago, Tennessee continues their roll in beating Denver, St. Louis pulls away in the 4th to beat Philly, and New England holds off the KC comeback to be the only home team to win.

Congrats to all the winners, should be another exciting week of games in the conference championships!

Re: Divisional Round

By gstelmack
8/13/2014 7:53 am
My guys apparently partied too much during the bye, as the first quarter was miserable. False starts, interceptions thrown, wide open KC receivers. Luckily we tightened up in the red zone and forced 3 FG attempts, one of which was missed, to stay in the game. We got rolling, built a lead, but let KC back in it thanks in part to a key fumble, but we stopped a 2 point conversion and picked them off deep in our own end late to hold on.

Have to check my depth chart, but I think this was due to injury - harkening back to the days of Troy Brown, Michael Handel, my star WR, was playing corner late, and that may explain a bit of the comeback.

By gstelmack
8/13/2014 7:56 am
Yeah, the minor injuries in this one really took a toll. In addition to my star WR taking a turn at CB despite not being on the depth chart, my backup QB (Nantz) took a key late handoff rather than one of the 3 RBs or the FB on my roster.

By oukjweather
8/13/2014 9:28 am
First drive for Philadelphia, they seemingly can do no wrong and score a touchdown after marching down the field with authority. The St. Louis offense takes the field, with some early success, but misses a couple open passes and has to settle for a FG, which was missed. Philadelphias next series ends in a punt. The next couple of possessions turnovers start occurring. Both defenses did a good job forcing turnovers, which were a big story of the game. Finally late in the first half St. Louis marches down the field close enough to get a field goal. St. Louis D does a good job holding the Philadelphia offense to close the half. To start the second half St. Louis has to punt on the first possession only to recover inside FG range. Making the score 6 - 10 Phi in the 3rd qtr. After trading punts St. Louis picks off Davis inside the 50. After an incomplete pass Dole finds a wide open Hong for a 38 yard completion and a touchdown to take the lead early in the 3rd. St Louis tacks on a FG in the following possession. Which Philadelphia responds with a touchdown to take the lead by 1 point. St. Louis responds with a quick drive down the field to retake the lead and gets the 2pt conversion to make it a 7 point game early in the 4th. Defense comes away with another turnover to setup a field goal to make it a 10 point game at 17 - 27 St. Louis. Defenses for both teams hold off any further scoring. Overall a good outing for the nasty St. Louis D creating 6 turnovers (4 Int, and 2 fumbles). A rather fun game to watch.

GG Phinsfan

By King of Bling
8/13/2014 10:02 am
One of those games, we threw a pick on our first play, got our star WR and returner inj on our 2nd possession and failed to convert easy plays all game.
Tampa is on one of those rolls where lady luck is smiling.
Whatever happens, awesome job Morbid!! The future is only looking brighter for you and the Bucs...WELL DONE!
Last edited at 8/13/2014 10:03 am

By Morbid
8/13/2014 11:55 am
Was really surprised at this one. I was hoping to just stay in the game. I thought I was in trouble at one point after giving up that TD and then turning the ball right back over. Team is playing very well and making that trade for a QB earlier in the season is definite paying off.

I think my key this season is I have stayed very healthy but I lost my starting TE in this game and he is now on IR

GG King of Bling
Last edited at 8/13/2014 11:56 am

By Phinsfan
8/13/2014 9:54 pm
oukjweather wrote:
First drive for Philadelphia, they seemingly can do no wrong and score a touchdown after marching down the field with authority. The St. Louis offense takes the field, with some early success, but misses a couple open passes and has to settle for a FG, which was missed. Philadelphias next series ends in a punt. The next couple of possessions turnovers start occurring. Both defenses did a good job forcing turnovers, which were a big story of the game. Finally late in the first half St. Louis marches down the field close enough to get a field goal. St. Louis D does a good job holding the Philadelphia offense to close the half. To start the second half St. Louis has to punt on the first possession only to recover inside FG range. Making the score 6 - 10 Phi in the 3rd qtr. After trading punts St. Louis picks off Davis inside the 50. After an incomplete pass Dole finds a wide open Hong for a 38 yard completion and a touchdown to take the lead early in the 3rd. St Louis tacks on a FG in the following possession. Which Philadelphia responds with a touchdown to take the lead by 1 point. St. Louis responds with a quick drive down the field to retake the lead and gets the 2pt conversion to make it a 7 point game early in the 4th. Defense comes away with another turnover to setup a field goal to make it a 10 point game at 17 - 27 St. Louis. Defenses for both teams hold off any further scoring. Overall a good outing for the nasty St. Louis D creating 6 turnovers (4 Int, and 2 fumbles). A rather fun game to watch.

GG Phinsfan

Great game to watch, at the edge of my seat the whole way but to no avail we lose to St. Louis. I knew they were a great team and would be hard to beat. 4 int's and 2 fumbles didn't help. In the first half were up 10 with opportunities but St L would cause a turnover or play tough D. we held them to FG and I believe we were up 10-6 at half and knew we could be in trouble as the St L offense hadn't shown yet...they did show and also continued to force us into turnovers. tough to watch a loss like that but we tip our hats to St. L and oukjweather...gg.

gl to the remaining playoff teams