League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Championship Round

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/15/2014 6:16 am
Wow, what a heartbreaker in New England. I feel a bit like Miles Dyson as I watch Tennessee go through these playoffs. New England will be back, I'm sure - gstelmack, you've really turned that team around. Meanwhile, Tampa's cinderella run hits a pretty strong wall in St Louis - great job, Morbid, on getting that far in the playoffs and beating the odds in the first two rounds. And congrats oukjweather on your first bowl appearance - now do us humans proud and knock the AI team out!

Re: Championship Round

By Morbid
8/15/2014 7:32 am
St. Louis was just to much for TB. Gotta say for 3 quarters I matched you but that 3rd Q was just awful on my side. Almost 1000 yds passing in the game. Congratz and great job oukjweather and kick some **** in the Championship.

Morbs

By gstelmack
8/15/2014 7:54 am
I have studly CBs who just could not cover Tennessee's receivers. We did generate some sacks, but had some bad turnovers. We could not run the clock out late, and we let them drive down for the long winning FG.

By oukjweather
8/15/2014 1:40 pm
Morbid wrote:
St. Louis was just to much for TB. Gotta say for 3 quarters I matched you but that 3rd Q was just awful on my side. Almost 1000 yds passing in the game. Congratz and great job oukjweather and kick some **** in the Championship.

Morbs

I was starting to wonder how it was going to play out after the first 2 quarters, but thankfully my D played well, got some big stops, and my offense started clicking in the third to put some distance between us. Good game Morbid. You have done a wonderful job with Tampa and sure made an incredible run in the playoffs.

Next up is Tennessee. A team that has offensively been tearing it up in the passing game. Be an interesting matchup between an offense that features some very speedy wide receivers against a defense that has played well over the course of the playoffs. Turnovers will be key in this game along with making the most of every possession on offense for St. Louis.

The Tennessee gameplan offensively has featured multiple styles in play so far during the playoffs, with some games featuring an air raid type offense, while in other games such as against Denver featuring a balanced attack. This means defensively we will need to be ready for practically anything, however the numbers show their biggest weapon is in the passing game, so emphasis will be placed there on slowing them down. The Tennessee yardage per completion is super high, and you don't have to look any further than their speedy receivers to see why. Teams that have faced them so far have found them very tough to cover. So the St. Louis D will have to make the most of the occasionally poorly thrown ***** by the average Tennessee Qb, if a Tennessee WR catches it, likely a first down and maybe much more. Keys to stopping this will be to create turnovers, contest every passing play, and keep them off the field will long sustained drives. Should have a good chance to win if the St. Louis D can keep them under 375 yards passing. Defensively Tennessee doesn't look all that spectacular on the surface, but as you dig into the numbers you find they are doing just enough right to stay in games. Its an opportunistic defense with a turnover margin of +7. Tennessee's best players are in their secondary, stats show they average nearly 2 interceptions a game. So our QB will have to be smart with the ball and avoid the big mistakes.

Should be an interesting matchup.