League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

2018 Draft Talk

By Davesgang
8/29/2014 6:16 pm
Happy with our first round DE, but I'm worried about the second round guard. He looks like a immovable object with great pass blocking. However his Zero speed means he wont be pulling out for any sweep runs...

Re: 2018 Draft Talk

By Zeffy
8/29/2014 7:45 pm
I acquired way too many draft picks for what I needed in this draft. I was kinda irked that I couldn't get a deal done to move up into the 1st or 2nd rounds but what can ya do? Those things are like gold. :P

Overall, decent draft for me, the guy I really wanted to get I was unable to make a blockbuster move into the 1st round to grab alongside the stud SLB I grabbed, but meh. The new 3-4 defense running in New Orleans now has the linebackers it needs to get after the quarterback, and I grabbed some depth, one possible starter, along the OL, and a future slot WR that can return kicks on spot duty. Also got a TE to compete with my other two young guys for the #1 and #2 roles alongside the vet I have.
Last edited at 8/29/2014 7:48 pm

By Detroit Leo
8/30/2014 4:31 am
For not having made any moves and having a pretty decent team I have been trying straight BPA. Got a pretty solid DT. The rest of the picks are a bit more up in the air and will have to see how they progress.

By King of Bling
8/31/2014 10:25 am
We traded a ton of times and ended up drafting 3 WR's, one of which we traded, imagine that. Our top pick at no.4 is the one I coveted although there were 3 players I would've been very happy with. The WR will soon be our #1 WR and the other guy will likely be our WR4 in the future.
We gave up a franchise-type HB along with good WR, solid DE, nice CB, and some other positions
However, we also got a high quality SS and very solid RT. We managed to get a high quality backup QB as well.
In addition, we gave up our 1st rd pick next season for a high quality LT
I love the wheeling and dealing and feel we had a lot of moves that will help both teams involved, which just makes the game more fun for all parties involved!
Last edited at 8/31/2014 10:26 am

By Morbid
8/31/2014 12:29 pm
Picked up a couple Centers with my first 2 picks and hoping once of them turns out to be decent and hopefully got a return man to take the pressure of my starting HB. Center was really my only need coming into the draft as I did extremely well in FA because I was under the cap by 70 mil going in.