League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Week 1

By Detroit Leo
9/18/2014 4:44 am
There was a shoot out in Motown today! Over 1200 total yards put up by two powerhouse teams as Seattle visited Detroit. The 4th quarter was littered with touchdowns within the final 5 minutes. Detroit attempted 3 onside kicks within this timeframe and managed to recover the final kick with a chance to tie the game. Ultimately a sack on 4th and 9 sealed the win for Seattle and Seattle manages to overcome throwing 3 interceptions to get the win!

Phenomenal game Detroit. Maybe we will see you in the playoffs and I tip my hat to you!

Re: Week 1

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/18/2014 6:52 am
Welcome to the league, mrstezza, and congrats on your first win! We picked up where we left off, being unable to get out of our own way. Still were in it till the end but the inability to sustain drives and then a strip sack deep in our territory sealed it.

By Morbid
9/18/2014 7:37 am
Good win NO (Zeffy) Going to be a dogfight this season for division

By Zeffy
9/18/2014 8:50 am
Yeah Morbid, my offseason additions really paid off. QB had no picks and an over 100 rating, SS lead the team with 12 tackles, not to mention my last year's backup HB now outperforming my former starter. Looks like a good move by me to get rid of my 13 year pro and replace him with a similar 4 year pro. Picked up a 2nd round pick for next year and a C thats only 2 OVR less than my starter (a position where I had terrible depth, my backup was old and bad).

My draft picks haven't made an immediate impact, but they'll get there. Only my 1st round pick is starting (at SLB) and he's already up to a 60. The others are buried, but I think I weeded out the bad late picks and the current ones will have time to develop. No pressure for them to play.

Good game against Tampa Bay, even if I feel like it shouldn't have been that close with how well my guys played, but maybe it was because I was up the whole game. Regardless, you've got a great squad yourself, and we'll meet again to probably decide who wins the division.
Last edited at 9/18/2014 8:53 am

By gstelmack
9/18/2014 7:04 pm
We take down Denver by 2 touchdowns, after allowing a TD return on the opening kickoff where the return man bounced off a couple of defenders, and then fumbled our ensuing drive to give up an easy FG. We got rolling after that, though.

By oukjweather
9/18/2014 7:43 pm
Getting off to a great start to the season. Game against San Francisco was closer for much of the game than the score would suggest with a big 4th qtr. Injuries are starting to pile up already which is not what you want to see at the start of a promising season.

GG James madden

By Phinsfan
9/18/2014 8:16 pm
Just a thromping of the New York G men, 74-28
5 staight TD passes in the 1st quarter and the G men pick up a TD to make it 35-7 at the end of qtr 1

start of the 2nd 2 more TD's for 7 TD passes our first 7 possesions before we finally had to punt. We go into the half up 49-14 and this game was over. We don't expect to do this all season as NY has a very weak secondary and weak D over all.

We picked up 2 great receivers in the off season to add to our already great receiving core. Greatest show on turf extreme for this team. QB Wilbert Davis had 9 passing TD's tying his single game record and really should have been able to break this record considering he had 7 passing TD's at the half. It will be fun watching this team with 4 WR that are all around 90 in rating.

We'll still lose some games I believe as this league has other great teams and I'm troubled a bit by our defense that looks awesome on paper but doesn't seem to shut down the other team.

GG NY

here is a flaw play that's kind of funny to watch. recorded as a safety but also racked up 4 points for some reason...check it out. http://mfn2.myfootballnow.com/watch/1737#307468