League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Week 9

By Detroit Leo
10/04/2014 5:29 am
GG STL. SEA had an unusual amount of penalties in this game and many had terrible timing. Your home crowd really showed up for you in that regard. Turnovers were painful as well. Still had opportunities to come back in this game but my team continued its implosion. It was a painful game to watch. You also did a great job taking advantage of my banged up secondary. I am sure we might get the opportunity to see each other one more time in the playoffs depending how everything shakes out.

And wow... Every unbeaten team last week tacked on a loss this week which is interesting. Haha
Last edited at 10/04/2014 5:31 am

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/04/2014 9:02 am
We beat Miami in OT. In a shootout. I was going to be happy if we kept it close! What a game. GG, tarmer.

By Morbid
10/04/2014 10:43 am
GG KoB/Chicago

My defense had that bend but dont break game face on today plus a solid running game in first half.Sorry for knocking ya off the unbeaten record, well almost sorry

I am probably gonna jinx myself but think I am finally getting healthy..lol

Morbs

By King of Bling
10/04/2014 10:47 am
well done. we just seemed tired right out of the gate. Hope you guys rally as I want you in the playoffs :)

By oukjweather
10/04/2014 1:12 pm
Detroit Leo wrote:
GG STL. SEA had an unusual amount of penalties in this game and many had terrible timing. Your home crowd really showed up for you in that regard. Turnovers were painful as well. Still had opportunities to come back in this game but my team continued its implosion. It was a painful game to watch. You also did a great job taking advantage of my banged up secondary. I am sure we might get the opportunity to see each other one more time in the playoffs depending how everything shakes out.

And wow... Every unbeaten team last week tacked on a loss this week which is interesting. Haha

Good game Detroit Leo. You have a great team. I'm certain your team will be in the playoffs and may meet again there.

What a game, defense opened up the game well getting a safety early in the game off a sack. The defense would also force 2 turnovers which would help even up for the turnovers we would give away to Seattle. This wasn't the cleanest of games with plenty of penalties and turnovers to go around for both teams. Made a few tactical decisions going into this game to adjust my game plan to a heavier passing attack. This appeared to pay off with my QB going 30 of 42 and 4 touchdowns. Starting RB also had a good game with an 8.9 rushing average with over 100 yards rushing. Making this offense a tough team to stop. While I am fairly happy with the offenses performance not as thrilled with the defense giving up 35 points. Given the competition however, and the fact that in critical junctures they came through to get the stops it was an overall good performance. Have to continue to refine things and get better on the defensive side of the ball.

Next up a rematch of last seasons super bowl matchup. I'm certain Tennessee will not have forgotten about that game and will be looking to take it out on us. So we can not overlook Tennessee. A look at the big picture, getting the win against Seattle was big, but still have to win out to maintain the lead in the division. Several tough games ahead.

By gstelmack
10/05/2014 7:38 am
Good to know we can win a tight win and don't have to score 30+.