League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Week 12

By Detroit Leo
10/14/2014 5:03 am
GG Houston. It was a close one for quite a while. Was trying to keep my injured players off of the field a bit in this one and it showed. Will continue to try and rest up where I can but injuries continue to pile up on me. My starting QB is now dealing with an injury as well. Seems like half of my starters are ailing from something. This might cost me the division and/or first round bye as STL refuses to go away and have rattled off back to back wins against PHI (OT win) and CHI (Statement blowout win IN Chicago).

Re: Week 12

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/14/2014 6:15 am
Cinderella's carriage turned back into a pumpkin as McNeal suddenly performs according to his ratings as we let a mediocre AI team lay a 40-burger on us.

By gstelmack
10/14/2014 6:19 am
We kept trading scores with Cleveland, fortunately we scored last.

We weren't moving the ball consistently, especially running it, while Cleveland ran up the yardage, but we forced 5 turnovers and only coughed it up once.

By King of Bling
10/14/2014 9:46 am
The computer couldn't even keep up with our mistakes as we had 6 picks, not 5, plus the lost fumble not to mention a bull fighter mentality on D; Waving the cape at Stl saying Ole' as they ran by us, through us, around us, and away from us.
wow...

By Davesgang
10/14/2014 11:19 am
GG Denver

Both teams came out slugging.
Around the half we started to pull away and ground this game out.

By Morbid
10/14/2014 11:40 am
4 Offensive plays in and 2 INT and down early 13-0 but finally woke up and had some big plays passing to run away with the game. Havnt looked yet but seems I had a few players go down with injuries, hoping not to serious as team is starting to hit a very good stride on O.

By JCSwishMan33
10/14/2014 3:57 pm
gstelmack wrote:
We kept trading scores with Cleveland, fortunately we scored last.

We weren't moving the ball consistently, especially running it, while Cleveland ran up the yardage, but we forced 5 turnovers and only coughed it up once.

Just running up the yardage in the passing game. Michaud decided to throw it to anyone and everyone. Was interesting to see. But a promising season is swiftly spiraling out of control... Gotta work that out.

GG gst!

By oukjweather
10/14/2014 8:10 pm
King of Bling wrote:
The computer couldn't even keep up with our mistakes as we had 6 picks, not 5, plus the lost fumble not to mention a bull fighter mentality on D; Waving the cape at Stl saying Ole' as they ran by us, through us, around us, and away from us.
wow...

Wow, didn't expect that outcome. Overall an incredible win for St. Louis. A good team win across the board. Defense played well and offense played to the level I was hoping for. I made some game plan adjustments for this game that seemed to pay off. The one downside is the number of minor injuries suffered. Have to keep the momentum going into the next game. As the season is starting to close up, I'm feeling pretty good about my team. Still a lot of football to be played though and a lot of quality teams in the league. The playoffs are going to be a dogfight the whole way. Still have a shot at winning the division and maybe earn a bye week if Seattle happens to slip up along the way.

GG King of Bling