League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Houston and Los Angeles (N)

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/29/2023 2:57 pm
Houston sends:
2065 Round 1
2065 Round 2
2065 Round 3
2065 Round 4

Los Angeles (N) sends:
Felix Merriman (RB)
2065 Round 7 (Los Angeles (N))

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Houston and Los Angeles (N)

By raidergreg69
8/29/2023 4:44 pm
Eff them picks just like the Rams

By Smirt211
8/31/2023 9:44 am
It's an effective strategy.

I can block out the entire draft period as rest/down time and not be beholden to draft times and tied down to the site. Last I checked the draft classes were not good for me because a) I have to win at an elite level and b) I'm target to get everyone's best, therefore, I can't take time to develop blue bars and lay low.

I've got 123 titles and been to an infinity Final Fours as the God of the Game. I'm still going to try for each and every time but if I don't win - eh, I've got the cache to be left alone.

By raidergreg69
8/31/2023 2:52 pm
Last edited at 8/31/2023 2:53 pm

By raidergreg69
8/31/2023 3:00 pm
Smirt211 wrote:
It's an effective strategy.

I can block out the entire draft period as rest/down time and not be beholden to draft times and tied down to the site. Last I checked the draft classes were not good for me because a) I have to win at an elite level and b) I'm target to get everyone's best, therefore, I can't take time to develop blue bars and lay low.

I've got 123 titles and been to an infinity Final Fours as the God of the Game. I'm still going to try for each and every time but if I don't win - eh, I've got the cache to be left alone.

Everyone has their own way of doing things, no one way is the right way in all situations. I get the not wanting to draft part as a lot of drafts, there's nothing but **** from mid 2nd round on, which is why I usually do what you do, except with low round picks. I hate 5th, 6th, and 7th round because often, even if they boom I can't keep them because they still **** worse than what's already on the roster.

As far as "having to win at an elite level", I'd say you choose to win at an elite level. You don't "have" to do anything, you want to. Nothing wrong with pushing yourself.

Same with "can't take time to develop". You can, you just don't want to, and again nothing wrong with that.

Your strategies obviously work for you and my eff them picks comment was just a spur of the moment funny thought when I saw your trade. Nothing more, nothing less.