League Forums

Main - Team News

Jacques Rose climbs alltime list

By Cjfred68
10/15/2018 11:17 am
New Englands QB, Jacques Rose amassed over 60,000 career passing yards in the teams win in week 5. He is 2nd alltime in MFN-2 FOR Passing yards behind Wilbert Davis, Philadelphias hall of fame QB.

He needs 4324 yards to move into the top spot. With only 11 games remaining in possibly Rose's final season, he would need to average 393 yards per game to achieve the all time record.

It would seem like the record would be just out of reach for the future hall of famer. With the yards needed, Rose would have to throw for 6352 yards this season. His career high, two seasons ago was 6332 which he followed up with 6275 yards last year.

When asked if this was his final season, Rose had this to say:

"My main focus is to take this team to the playoffs and finally win a championship for this team and the fans. I will make my decision after the season, right now if asked to gauge the chances, I would say 60/40 that I return"

Re: Jacques Rose climbs alltime list

By Cjfred68
10/23/2018 9:24 am
Halfway through perhaps, Jacques Rose's final season and what seemed like an impossibility at the start of the season suddenly the goal appears to be in reach. To catch hall of famer, Wilbert Davis, Rose needs 2868 yards in the final 8 games which works out 358.5 per game. He threw for 3483 the first 8 games so barring injury if he maintains this pace he will become the all time passing yards leader.

By Cjfred68
10/29/2018 11:32 am
5 games and 1415 yards to go. That's 283 yards/ game. Barring an injury or total meltdown, Jacques Rose will become MFN-2's all time leader in passing yards.

By Warthog
10/31/2018 4:11 pm
Thought he was going to break the record today.

By Cjfred68
11/02/2018 12:11 pm
263 yards from #1 and 3 TD passes from #2 all time. If Rose has a typical game next week, he should achieve both milestones. New England has made plans to have his family at the game to celebrate this career milestone.

By Cjfred68
11/02/2018 12:15 pm
On a side note, WR Mark Honeycutt tied for 5th all time in receiving TDs with 112. He needs 3 to move into 4th and 6 more to move into 3rd all time. He sits 16 away from #1 alltime and should reach that record if he decides to play another season.

By Cjfred68
11/05/2018 12:08 pm
On December 5th, 2038, Jacques Rose threw a 75 yard TD pass on the first play from scrimmage in the 2nd half to become MFN-2's alltime passing leader in yardage. The TD pass, the 461st of his career moved him into 2nd place alltime in TD passes, and gave him 64,495 in passing yards which passed Wilbert Davis who stood at 64,447 yards.

Rose finished the game 16/30 in passing for 485 yards, 4 TDs and no interceptions. He sits at 64,670 yards for his career with veterans Sammy Chick (58,269) and Benjamin Tobin (51,712) the only active QBs anywhere near him on the leader board. Both Chick and Tobin are nearing the ends of there careers and in all probability wont play long enough to make a run at his record.

When Rose was asked about breaking the record and what it means to him, he said this:

"When I'm done playing, I'm sure the record will mean more to me then it does right now. My only focus is on winning games and securing a playoff spot so our team can achieve the ultimate goal of winning a championship. Without winning the game or making a successful run in the playoffs, this record doesnt mean much to me at the moment. We have gone 14-2 the last 2 seasons and come up short in the playoffs. Anything short of a championship will make this season, and any individual accomplishments meaningless in my mind"

By Cjfred68
11/25/2018 11:13 am
Jacques Rose decides to return for another season where he will look to dispel the curse in the playoffs and get that elusive ring.