By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/24/2016 4:39 pm
Chicago sends:
Michael Ventimiglia (FS)
2031 Round 4
2031 Round 6

Pittsburgh sends:
2031 Round 1 (Pittsburgh)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Chicago and Pittsburgh

By lellow2011
9/24/2016 5:16 pm
Sigh, sure Pitt.... keep being a feeder team for Chicago.

By lellow2011
9/25/2016 5:26 am
So Pitt trades away all of their top end talent last season for draft picks yet they trade away one of their first rounders for a 8th year player? This doesn't make much sense. These garbage trades between the same two teams every season seems rather fishy. It's like Pitt is gutting their roster on purpose to continually feed Chicago top 5 picks.
Last edited at 9/25/2016 5:27 am

By Davesgang
9/26/2016 2:56 pm
Continued trades like this...
This is my last season in this league.

By IHP3
9/26/2016 6:27 pm
I got no problem with this trade. The safety is really good and has a number of years left. My only question is what was posted earlier...all those trades to get picks and now getting players.
The only thing I can think of is having an anchor in centerfield as his team builds.
The trade in and of itself is perfectly fine.

By Nicko
9/26/2016 6:56 pm
Davesgang wrote:
Continued trades like this...
This is my last season in this league.

Yeah, I've been having the same thought for awhile now. I was planning on making this my last season in this league, then we had a pretty good draft, and now I'm on the fence about it. I agree, these trades really sap alot of the fun out of the league.

I will say though, the league will be losing one its best owners of all-time if you did decide to leave. :(

By CCSAHARA
9/26/2016 8:32 pm
Yeah, I've been having the same thought for awhile now. I was planning on making this my last season in this league, then we had a pretty good draft, and now I'm on the fence about it. I agree, these trades really sap alot of the fun out of the league.

I will say though, the league will be losing one its best owners of all-time if you did decide to leave. :(

DITTO!

By dsanson
9/27/2016 7:56 am
I know that I'm new to this game and this league. Kinda fun so far. I picked this league as it was one of the most experienced leagues. Hope this talk of collusion between teams isn't true. I see a lot of owner turnover already.....

By Nicko
9/27/2016 10:15 pm
IHP3 wrote:
I got no problem with this trade. The safety is really good and has a number of years left. My only question is what was posted earlier...all those trades to get picks and now getting players.
The only thing I can think of is having an anchor in centerfield as his team builds.
The trade in and of itself is perfectly fine.

The safety has 1-2 good years left, then he will lose athleticism and be a liability in coverage. Meanwhile that 1st round pick will be blossoming into a 10+ year starter/superstar.

This trade would be comparable to the NFL San Diego Chargers trading Eric Weddle for a 1st round pick last year (instead of allowing him to hit FA and sign with Baltimore for nothing). Players of an advanced age just aren't worth this type of compensation. Especially for a perennial bottom 5 team. This trade would only make sense for a Super Bowl contender with a stacked roster(minus a safety of course). Even then the contender would be taking a massive hit on value, but the risk may be worth it, if it filled that last hole on the roster. But to your point, I would have no problem with the trade then because the 1st round pick would be a late pick in the round not a top 5 pick. I'm not sure you're taking into account how bad Pittsburgh does each season.

By blackflys
9/27/2016 11:31 pm
Lol.
Last season