11/21/2016 11:28 am
Miami sends:
Roland Colton (SS)
George Brown (LT)
2030 Round 5

San Francisco sends:
Hector Wilson (SS)
2031 Round 5 (San Francisco)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Miami and San Francisco

By IHP3
11/21/2016 12:33 pm
Ahem, Curious trade...Miami gives up more to get less?

By Warthog
11/21/2016 12:36 pm
IHP3 wrote:
Ahem, Curious trade...Miami gives up more to get less?

Not sure how I gave up more to get less, but Wilson is a much better fit with my defensive philosophy.

By setherick
11/21/2016 3:42 pm
This is a classic Infinity wanting SP over skill in his DBs. Colton is perfectly adequate as a punishing DB that is going to miss a lot of tackles, seriously a lot. I would have stuck with Wilson at SS in this trade even if he occasionally gets burned, he'll dominate the short game.

By lellow2011
11/21/2016 4:25 pm
setherick wrote:
This is a classic Infinity wanting SP over skill in his DBs. Colton is perfectly adequate as a punishing DB that is going to miss a lot of tackles, seriously a lot. I would have stuck with Wilson at SS in this trade even if he occasionally gets burned, he'll dominate the short game.

Infinity is going to blitz that SS a ton and bludgeon our QBs with him, the impact of his tackling and man coverage abilities will probably be minimal. Besides, 100 tackle players still miss a ton of tackles so is tackling really all that important?

By setherick
11/21/2016 4:50 pm
lellow2011 wrote:
setherick wrote:

Infinity is going to blitz that SS a ton and bludgeon our QBs with him, the impact of his tackling and man coverage abilities will probably be minimal. Besides, 100 tackle players still miss a ton of tackles so is tackling really all that important?

Yes - it's the difference between say 10 missed tackles and 40 missed tackles.

By Infinity on Trial
11/21/2016 9:03 pm
100 speed, punish and zone should make him an ideal FS for me. I had hoped for more, but Wilson was on the block without any offers.

By Infinity on Trial
11/21/2016 9:09 pm
lellow2011 wrote:
Infinity is going to blitz that SS a ton and bludgeon our QBs with him, the impact of his tackling and man coverage abilities will probably be minimal.

Don't worry, I have many other bludgeoning devices available, and I only blitz safeties in conference championship games.

By setherick
11/21/2016 9:11 pm
Infinity on Trial wrote:
lellow2011 wrote:
Infinity is going to blitz that SS a ton and bludgeon our QBs with him, the impact of his tackling and man coverage abilities will probably be minimal.

Don't worry, I have many other bludgeoning devices available, and I only blitz safeties in conference championship games.

I'm going to call BS on this. You were the one that tried to get me to run the Dime Flat MLB SS Blitz against all 4 and 5 WR sets.

By Infinity on Trial
11/21/2016 9:12 pm
setherick wrote:
Infinity on Trial wrote:
lellow2011 wrote:

I'm going to call BS on this. You were the one that tried to get me to run the Dime Flat MLB SS Blitz against all 4 and 5 WR sets.

Based on the merits of said championship game.