League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Panthers729

By Morbid
7/28/2014 7:11 am
Something needs to be done about him and all the lopsided trades he has made in MFN1, NFN2 and MFN6. I know you took back some of trades in MFN6 but he still got away with a top QB,HB and WR for nothing. Now I just looked over his transactions in MFN1 and 2 and \he did the same thing. I personally think he should get suspended for a season and all players involved in trades should become Free Agents on league completion. I am going to post this on forums also as I do not think this is fair play and should not go through as it effects many seasons of gameplay.

Thanks

Jim

Also look into who his trading partners have been also.

Re: Panthers729

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
7/28/2014 7:27 am
Morbid wrote:
Something needs to be done about him and all the lopsided trades he has made in MFN1, NFN2 and MFN6. I know you took back some of trades in MFN6 but he still got away with a top QB,HB and WR for nothing. Now I just looked over his transactions in MFN1 and 2 and \he did the same thing. I personally think he should get suspended for a season and all players involved in trades should become Free Agents on league completion. I am going to post this on forums also as I do not think this is fair play and should not go through as it effects many seasons of gameplay.

Thanks

Jim

Also look into who his trading partners have been also.

I'd like to hear others' opinions on this as well - I have revoked his ability to make trades, but for the ones that have already happened I am not 100% sure of the most equitable action. Before jumping into an action I wanted to get feedback from other players. Here are the options as I see it:

1) Leave it as is - I felt that the most lopsided trades have been reversed, and while some that remain still seem to be a bit lopsided it may pan out in the end. Long term, remember, the game is built to make it difficult to retain lots of really good players because they will not renegotiate for small contracts.

2) Do Morbid's suggestion - force a release of the players in question. This would send the players into the free agency pool. My biggest concern about this is players who didn't catch this thread or any other announcement would not have a chance to try to get the players, and also because it's no longer the free agency stages they'll sign for the highest offer in the first stage that they are a free agency which makes all of the offers somewhat blind.

3) Remove all future years of the players' contracts and force them into free agency at the end of the season (as if they were signed to 1-year deals this year)

3b) Do 3's action, but also make the players injured for the rest of the season.

4) Destroy the players in question - i.e. I would manually make them all <50 rated players.

I don't intend to suspend Panthers729 mainly because without being able to make trades he shouldn't be able to cheat the system further.

We're all wanting this game to be fun and fair, myself more than anyone I'm sure - so please weigh in if you would, any action I take here would set a precedent for how these situations would be handled in the future.
Last edited at 7/28/2014 9:45 am

By Morbid
7/28/2014 8:42 am
I like the idea of just letting them go into Free Agency at the end of each leagues season. Maybe also go as far as having them injured for rest of season also. This was done in 3 leagues so it has me wondering also if those other agents are multi's or not. He wasnt alone in these trades

By gstelmack
7/28/2014 8:54 am
How are these trades happening? Is he opening 2 or more accounts so he can gut one team for the benefit of the other? I'm far more concerned with that than if he's just putting one over on other owners.

At this point releasing players at the end of the season is probably best.

7/28/2014 9:50 am
gstelmack wrote:
How are these trades happening? Is he opening 2 or more accounts so he can gut one team for the benefit of the other? I'm far more concerned with that than if he's just putting one over on other owners.

At this point releasing players at the end of the season is probably best.

It does appear that he opened several accounts (which is against the TOS, however I can't prove anything other than the accounts are all from the same IP address); I have done some additional testing to prevent trades from being performed between two accounts coming from the same IP address, but even that can be cheated around. I didn't want to do that because I know there will be roommates or coworkers who might share an IP address, but unfortunately it looks like that was something I had to do.

The trades I left in place were not from the same IP address, which is why I left them, as I agree that it's less of an issue if he was able to pull one over on another real owner.

I like your idea of injuring the player for the rest of the season ... I've added that to the list above as 3b, and right now I'm wavering between #1 and #3b.
Last edited at 7/28/2014 9:52 am

By Morbid
7/28/2014 10:13 am
If there was a way for all trades to highlight in messages like these do it would be a lot easier for everyone in league to monitor it and bring it to your attention if it ever happens again

7/28/2014 10:57 am
Morbid wrote:
If there was a way for all trades to highlight in messages like these do it would be a lot easier for everyone in league to monitor it and bring it to your attention if it ever happens again

That's a good idea.

By Phinsfan
7/28/2014 11:06 pm
I vote for 3b

By Davesgang
7/29/2014 2:02 am
3 or 3b and highlight trades, cuts, and signings involving star players.
Stuff like that should be FrontPage news anyway.

By Morbid
7/29/2014 10:18 am
I would say 3b also, he shouldnt be rewarded with a deep playoff season